SIGA (SSEAYP International General Assembly) 2014
The time for SIGA has arrived once again! Below are the pertinent details about the event and how to register for it.
High Excellence Tun Dr. Mahathir Bin Mohamad
Former Prime Minister of Malaysia
SSEAYP International Malaysia (KABESA)
Aseania Resort & Spa,
Pantai Cenang, Pulau Langkawi
Kedah Darul Aman
SIGA: 25-28 April 2014
SCA: 23-25 April 2014
Touch of Nature
- Social Contribution Activities (23–25 April 2014)
- Council of President Meeting (COP)
- SIGA Langkawi Awards 2014
- Sightseeing and Interaction
- Participate in Local Sport Events and Other Malaysia Culture Practices
- Animal Shelter Home (LASSie- Langkawi Animal Shelter & Sanctuary Foundation)
- Cycling with love environment message
- Coastal clean up
- Interaction between locals and SCA members
- Mangrove Planting at Tasik Dayang Bunting
SCA Terms & Conditions:
- Participants who are registered for the Social Contribution Activities are requested to arrive at Jetty Kuah (Langkawi Ferry Terminal) no later than 10.00am on April 23, 2014.
- For those arriving via the Langkawi International Airport, participants are requested be at the airport no later than 9.00am on April 23, 2014.
SIGA Langkawi 2014 Participants are limited to:
- Ex-PYs/Ex-NLs/Ex-Facilitators of SSEAYP
- Spouse/Parents/Children/Siblings/Friends of Ex-PYs/Ex-NLs/Ex-Facilitators of SSEAYP
- Host Parents of SSEAYP and their family members who live together
- Singapore Participants, please download and complete the form below:
- Participants are requested to complete all fields in the registration form.
- Please contact SIS via the contact form at https://sis.sseayp.com/main/contact-us to make arrangements to submit the completed form together with a copy of your passport and payment.
- Closing date for registration will be 23 March 2014.
Please make payment in Singapore dollars to “SSEAYP INTERNATIONAL SINGAPORE”. We will then TT the money to the organizer (KABESA) in US$. The exchange rate used will be S$1.28 to US$1. The payment amount also includes 1/8 % for the commission charge by the bank to TT the money. As there will also be other bank charges involved such as handling fee, the payment amount is as follows respectively:
- Social Contribution Activity (SCA) – S$137.00
- SIGA (ADULT) – S$375.00 (please note that single occupancy surcharge is USD30 per night per person)
- SIGA (CHILD) – S$185.00 (aged 4 to 13, twin or triple sharing)
Please mail the cheque together with your completed application form to the following address:
Blk 205, Serangoon Central
Once your cheque has cleared, you will receive a confirmation from us.
Thank you for your understanding of the steps involved in the payment process. They are unavoidable as the organizer (KABESA) requires payment to be made in US dollars.
Plus, they require the payment to be submitted before event itself, hence we need to collect the payment amount upfront since no payments will be accepted on the event date itself.
SCA Registration Fee covers:
- Accommodation during SCA for 2 nights from 23 April to 25 April.
- Transportation (from April 23 to 25 April; a return bus ride to and from the where activities take place).
- Meals (covering from lunch on April 23 to dinner on April 25).
SIGA Registration Fee covers:
- Accommodation for 3 nights (25-28 April 2014) during SIGA Langkawi 2014.
- Meals from 26 April until breakfast 28 April 2014.
- Ferry and Airport transfer for arrival and departure, and all logistics during program.
- Participants are responsible for expenses for visa fees, bank charges or transfer fee for the registration fee payment to their respective Alumni Association, medical and surgical treatments (if needed), travel insurance, personal expenses, other expenses incurred for personal need including, but not limited to, excess baggage charge.
- Throughout the stay at the assigned hotel for SIGA Langkawi 2014, participants are responsible for expenses on telephone calls, laundry charges, room services, transportation other than the committee provided and any other incidentals that the participants made.
- Accommodation before and after the program should be arranged by the participants themselves.
- Participants arriving early or extending their stay should arrange their transportation on their own.
For full details, you can visit the SIGA 2014 website at http://sigalangkawi2014.blogspot.sg.