The Cabinet Office, the Government of Japan shall select the facilitators of the SSEAYP Youth Conference 2021 based on the following principles and procedures:
1. Role of Facilitators
The facilitators, who are well-informed and competent for facilitating discussions, shall be appointed to provide support for participants in the SSEAYP Youth Conference 2021.
Facilitators should have ample knowledge and experience in the respective topics and the ability to facilitate discussions. As such, they are expected to provide the participants with guidance and advice to carry out the five-day online conference.
For the details, please refer to the pdf file “Outline of SSEAYP Youth Conference 2021.”
2. Qualification of the Facilitators
(1) Good command of English to facilitate discussion (reference level: TOEIC 860,
TOEFL (iBT) 100, TOEFL (CBT) 250, IELTS 7.0, or equal ability).
(2) Basic knowledge and experience in the field of the topic in charge.
(3) Able to work online during the Conference (Day 1: Nov. 28, Day 2: Dec. 5, Day 3: Dec. 12, Day 4: Dec. 19, 2021, Day 5: Jan. 9, 2022)
(4) Able to attend the Facilitators Meeting Online held on Wednesday, October 6,
14:00-18:00 (JST), 2021 (tentative) and whenever the Cabinet Office requested if
(5) Able to manage online discussion.
(6) Able to submit a report by a due date (will be informed in the Facilitators Meeting).
(7) Be sound in mind and body.
The applicant needs to download and submit the MS Word file “Facilitator Application for SSEAYP Youth Conference 2021” to <firstname.lastname@example.org> not later than Tuesday, August 31, 2021.
The Cabinet Office will select and decide the facilitators.
The Government of Japan shall bear the following costs.
Remuneration to Facilitators for the Facilitators Meeting and the Conference
* Facilitators must prepare a computer, Internet connection and all other necessary equipment.
Cabinet Office (in charge of Facilitator Selection of the SSEAYP Youth Conference 2021)