2 September 2020
To: All Members
SSEAYP International Singapore (SIS)
[UPDATED] Notice for SSEAYP International Singapore (SIS) Biennial General Meeting 2020
1. Notice is hereby given that the Biennial General Meeting (BGM) of SIS will be held as follows:
Date: 19 September 2020 (Saturday)
Time: 10.00am – 1.30pm
Venue: Online (Meeting invite shall be sent to registered BGM attendees)
2. Nomination of candidates for election to the Executive Board of SIS shall be open from 7 August 2020 (Friday) to 21 August 2020 (Friday), 11.59pm. Nomination of candidates for election to the Executive Board for the term 2020-2022 shall be made on the Nomination Form (SIS-Election-002), which is available for download below.
3. Duly completed nomination forms shall be submitted through the following means: Scan and email completed nomination form (SIS-Election-002), into PDF (preferred) or JPEG format to: firstname.lastname@example.org; to reach the Election Committee no later than 21 August 2020 (Friday) 11.59pm.
4. An acknowledgement shall be sent to the candidate BY EMAIL within 5 WORKING DAYS upon receipt of his/her nomination form, together with the scanned document for candidate’s reference and acknowledgement.
Please be reminded to duly sign on the nomination form, as well as those of your proposer and seconder.
5. The Election Committee wishes to highlight that all Candidates, Proposers and Seconders (must be SIS member) must be present at the time of voting. Candidate shall be disqualified for election if Proposer and Seconder are not present at the time of voting.
6. The Agenda for the Biennial General Meeting is as follows:
- Consider and approve the minutes of the last General Meeting;
- Consider and approve the Annual Reports for the period 1 April 2018 – 31 March 2019 and for the period 1 April 2019 – 31 March 2020;
- Consider and approve the audited Statement of Accounts for the period 1 April 2018 – 31 March 2019 and for the period 1 April 2019 – 31 March 2020;
- Consider and Approve the amendments to SIS Constitution (Proposed amendments can be found in this link);
- Election of the Executive Board (Only registered BGM attendees will be allowed to vote);
- Any other business – for which seven days’ notice (not later than 12 September 2020, Saturday, 11.59pm) in writing must be given to the Secretary General via email at email@example.com.
7. We look forward to your attendance at the Biennial General Meeting. Kindly RSVP by 12 September 2020 via online form at sis.sseayp.com/bgm-rsvp to facilitate logistical arrangements.
For and on behalf of the SSEAYP International Singapore Executive Board (2018-2020).
Muhammad Riduan Bin Samad
SSEAYP International Singapore