29 June 2022
To: All SIS Members / Associate Members
SSEAYP International Singapore (SIS)
Notice for SSEAYP International Singapore Biennial General Meeting 2022
1. Notice is hereby given that the Biennial General Meeting (BGM) of SIS will be held as follows:
Date: 30 July 2022 (Saturday)
Venue: Singapore Association of the Visually Handicapped (SAVH), 47 Toa Payoh Rise, Singapore 298104
2. Nomination of candidates for election to the Executive Board of SIS shall be open from 30 June 2022 (Thursday) to 15 July 2022 (Friday), 11.59pm. Nomination of candidates for election to the Executive Board for the term 2022-2024 shall be made on the Nomination Form (SIS-BGM-002), which is available for download below.
3. Duly completed nomination forms shall be submitted through the following means: Scan and email completed nomination form (SIS-BGM-002), into PDF (preferred) or JPEG format to: sseaypsingaporeEC2022@gmail.com ; to reach the Election Committee no later than 15 July 2022 (Friday) 11.59pm.
* For any enquiries not relating to the submission of nomination forms, please direct queries to the Secretary General via email@example.com .
4. An acknowledgement shall be sent to the candidate BY EMAIL within 5 WORKING DAYS upon receipt of his/her nomination form, together with the scanned document for candidate’s reference and acknowledgement. Please be reminded to duly sign on the nomination form, as well as obtain the signatures of your proposer and seconder.
5. The Executive Board entrusts the Election Committee to ensure fairness in the nomination and election processes. The Election Committee comprises the following members:
- Sharifah M Yokoyama (1989/NL 2013) (Chair)
- Sivamalar Kulasegaram (1995)
- Muhammad Riduan Bin Samad (2012)
- Wong Li Yee Melisa (2013)
- Nurul Baizura Binte Abdul Rasid (2019) (As at 29 June 2022, 2.10 pm)
6. The Election Committee wishes to highlight that all Candidates, Proposers and Seconders must be present at the time of voting. Candidates, Proposers and Seconders must be Ordinary Members of SIS. Candidate shall be disqualified for election if Proposer and Seconder are not present at the time of voting.
7. The Agenda for the Biennial General Meeting is as follows:
- Consider and approve the minutes of the last General Meeting;
- Consider and approve the Biennial Report for the period 1 April 2020 – 31 March 2022;
- Consider and approve the audited Statement of Accounts for the period 1 April 2020 – 31 March 2021 and for the period 1 April 2021 – 31 March 2022;
- Consider and Approve the amendments to SIS Constitution (Proposed amendments can be found in this link);
- Election of the 5th Executive Board;
- Any other business – for which seven days’ notice (not later than 24 July 2022, Sunday, 11.59pm) in writing must be given to the Secretary-General via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject as BGM2022 AOB.
8. We look forward to your attendance at the Biennial General Meeting. Kindly RSVP by 20 July 2022 via online form at https://tinyurl.com/bgm2022rsvp to facilitate logistical and catering arrangements.
For and on behalf of the SSEAYP International Singapore Executive Board (2020-2022).
Amos Lee Wei Keong
SSEAYP International Singapore
- Minutes of BGM 2020
- Biennial Report (including Statement of Accounts)
- SIS Constitution and Annex A
- Proposed Amendments to SIS Constitution
- Nomination Form
- Candidates for the 5th Term SIS Executive Board
The Election Committee received a total of 7 nomination forms as at the deadline of the nomination on 15 July 2022. Out of the 7 nomination forms received, 6 nomination forms were accepted while 1 was rejected due to incomplete submission. The approved candidates and their corresponding proposers and seconders are as follows: